R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have a great appreciation for the generosity of other authors and equally want to share with you. However, I ask that you respect that all all images, text, and any other content posted on this blog belongs to Christina Hirst, unless otherwise stated. You are welcome to link back to this blog or use a single image and description, so long as you link back to its original source. You may NOT republish posts without my permission. Also, please do not link directly to a pdf, but to the original post. I, in turn, agree to do the same. :)

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: Our Productive First Week of Fifth Grade

We're linking up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers for the Weekly Wrap-Up!

This week we did so much!  I've already shared some of it, so I'll just recap and include links to keep from repeating, while sharing with you some FRESH EXCITEMENT!

This week kicked off fifth grade.  We only enjoyed a portion of our schedule with Saxon Math, Learning Language Arts Through Literature, and Mystery of History Volume 2, making for some relaxed days.

Rosalinda did her first book study of the year!  She surprisingly enjoyed Farmer Boy by Laura Ingles Wilder.  Historical fiction isn't really her genre, so I was so excited to see her find things that she loved about the book!  Also, having to read the book in such a short amount of time kept her eyes "screen-free" for four days!!!

I've enjoyed watching her use her new planner.  See how I made it here!  (I have made a few modifications and will post those one day soon.)  One of the features I included was a weekly prayer list.  I was honored to see how God works with her heart as we added to the list and prayed over it each day.  It is one of my favorite parts of our school day now!

I completed my Whatever Girls Challenge!  Moms were challenged to write their daughters a letter about the legacy they wish to leave.  Read my letter here and take the challenge yourself...there is still time!  (You can find the challenge on the Whatever Girls Facebook Page.

We also found out that her creative writing group, Collecting Commas, is going to be writing and performing a play in December at our city's art walk!  Rosalinda has landed one of the lead roles!  Inspired by an earlier
writing prompt to write a fractured fairy tale, the group has decided to do a piece focusing on bullying in modern times, but the main characters all face certain challenges in individual dreams that take place in fractured fairy tales!  I can't wait for it!

We also had our first Currclick Live Club Meeting!  We've signed up for the American Girl Book Club and Lego Club.  We had a blast this past week with the American Girl Book Club and linked up with Homegrown Learners' Collage Friday.


And finally...we're planning for Miss Rosalinda's 11th Birthday!  Last year we made a huge deal out of her birthday since she was entering the double-digits!  I did something every day for the 10 days leading up to her birthday.  This year we're going much simpler.  We're going to do a Lego party at the park for a large group of people...ok, so maybe not MUCH simpler, but still not on the scale of last year.  I created the invites myself and ordered them as photos through Walgreens.com using a 33% off coupon!  Yeah baby!  Although I earned my discount.  I went to pick them up and they had black dots on them.  I went home and grabbed the file via SD card and took it physically up to Walgreens.  They had to load them three times before they system finally stopped altering the image.  I already have the ones that needed to be mailed in the mail and the others on hand to drop off/hand off as we go through our week.

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment