R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have a great appreciation for the generosity of other authors and equally want to share with you. However, I ask that you respect that all all images, text, and any other content posted on this blog belongs to Christina Hirst, unless otherwise stated. You are welcome to link back to this blog or use a single image and description, so long as you link back to its original source. You may NOT republish posts without my permission. Also, please do not link directly to a pdf, but to the original post. I, in turn, agree to do the same. :)

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sun Burn Miracle?

My daughter spoke in crayon when she was younger and described people as peach, brown, and black.  So as a fair skinned, peach-American, I usually take a burn or two at the beginning of the summer and then begin to brown nicely.


Here I am a little sun-kissed, with my first burn of the summer! :)


This was a few weeks ago, so I haven't actually gotten to try this new "remedy," but wondered if anyone else has ever used black tea leaves to help heal a burn?

I think good 'ol pinterest brought me the idea.  You can link to the instructable here or my pin here.

Best I can tell, you brew three large tea bags (they used earl gray, but in the comment section, people reported using Lipton and got positive results) in warm water in a pitcher until it's black.

Then, once the water has cooled to a warm/lukewarm temp, you douse a towel that you don't mind staining and dab your burn.  They suggest doing it as soon as possible for maximum affect.  You don't rub off the tea, but leave it on.  When it dries, put on more and more coats as long as I can be patient for as needed.

If I get a chance to try it, I will definitely report back!  If you have or do try this, let me know how it goes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment