R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have a great appreciation for the generosity of other authors and equally want to share with you. However, I ask that you respect that all all images, text, and any other content posted on this blog belongs to Christina Hirst, unless otherwise stated. You are welcome to link back to this blog or use a single image and description, so long as you link back to its original source. You may NOT republish posts without my permission. Also, please do not link directly to a pdf, but to the original post. I, in turn, agree to do the same. :)

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Understanding His Love: A Lifetime Journey


I grew up in the church.  Not always in salvation, but definitely a church building.  From the age of 10 to 28 I have carried a fear that one day God will realize that I have been a colossal waste of time.  I believe that I can understand why He would open the earth and swallow people knowing that people like me exist (Numbers 16.32; Numbers 26.10; Deuteronomy 11.6; Psalm 106.16-18).  It makes total sense in my little, fleshy intellect.

But then...

I am blessed with a Pastor that hears from the Lord.  And even more blessed by an affectionate God that sends people like my Pastor to reaffirm my Father's love for me.  

Today I have come in contact with more evidence that He is crazy about me!  Not only does He continue to show me by being active in my life, but thousands of years ago, He made sure to write it down for me, so I'd know He thought my creation through. :)

My study today brought me to a familiar scripture, but an unfamiliar translation of it...

For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom he send His call.]
Romans 11.29

Today I am meditating on the amazing fact that God wrote this down for me.  That all of this fear is unsubstantiated considering that He DOES NOT change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace.  I received grace in salvation and His everlasting covenant doesn't change.

Today I thank Him that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  That He didn't haphazardly choose me, but saw the beginning and end and knew my worth.

What are you thanking Him for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment